Electronic Data Interchange
To make it even easier for our commercial customers to conduct business with us, Florida City Gas offers a business-to-business transactional process -- EDI or Electronic Data Interchange.
Contact us today at FCG_EDI_Inquiry@NextEraEnergy.com to determine which program is best suited for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)?
The computer-to-computer exchange of standard business documents such as purchase orders, invoices or payment information, in electronic format.
EDI enables organizations to remove costs and inefficiencies from transaction-based processes by using the automation of data exchange.Benefits of Paying via EDI
- Increased speed — business documents are exchanged electronically rather than on paper.
- Improved accuracy — information exchanged electronically relies less on manual data entry.
- Cost savings — increased speed and improved accuracy of the transactions
- Improved cash flow —integrated applications, improve overall efficiencies
- Reduced overhead costs — paper, envelopes, postage, storage space costs decrease
- Increased transaction visibility—maintain electronic audit trails especially for SOX and IRS requirements.
Remittance Processing — Gas Payments (ACH/CTX or CCD+/EDI 820);
- Required EFT Authorization Agreement
Customer eBilling — gas bills (EDI 810)
- Requires EDI Trading Partner Agreement
- Requires EFT Authorization